Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mystery Tool Additional Photos and Thoughts


A few additional pictures of the mystery tool along with some new thoughts and observations. You can click on any picture for a larger view.

Full tool, with quarter for scale and a new angle on the "loop" to show thickness:


A close-up of the business end - note wear pattern inside opposite corners of the slot (which I think indicates it was used as some kind of wrench):


A close-up of the end of the threaded cap - showing what I previously took to be the initials "B.H." - although now I am not so sure:


My brother Josh thinks that this might have been some kind of sewing machine wrench for changing needles, which were stored in the compartment in the handle. I like that guess, but so far I have not found any supporting information.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment