Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Large Black and White Abstract Art for the Office

Hi! I hope that you had a great weekend! Ours went by way too fast, but we did get a a lot done. Including moving the office around! Ive been wanting to move things around for a while, but the credenza is SO heavy, weve been putting it off. 

The proportions + color of the pin board werent working with the rest of the space, so I decided to make a large scale abstract painting instead. I pinned this a few weeks and I kept going back to it, I love the punch of contrast that it adds to the space. So I decided to make my own version! I think it looks like a close up of coral, so I love the reference to the beach without being overly beachy :) Large scale abstract black and white paintings have been in recently, check out Bliss at Homes, Scout and Nimbles and The Hunted Interiors as well. 


Ill share a short tutorial a little later, but for now here are a few pictures of our new office space.



 We moved the Enjoy the Little Things art over a little to sit closer to the desk and added a few new prints.



David found these Hydrangeas in in a field while on a bike ride. Love!!


I created the frame from left over wood, so total cost for the frame was zero (isnt that always the best!)

I moved my lucite tray from the driftwood table and put a piece of wrapping paper on the bottom (from Target dollar section) to round up my pencils and other office supplies. 

Finally, a view from the kitchen. Im loving the new arrangement! I really wish I would of done this a long time ago, but better late than never! This was the last project for the office (maybe a few frames to the left of the desk), so Ill have a room tour soon! 

Check back tomorrow for the tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment