Monday, March 3, 2014

Woodworking helped solve my crossword puzzle

Gee, woodworking knowledge can come in handy in the least expected places. I solve the NY Times crossword puzzle every morning. Its a good way to get my brain working. Well that, and a pot of coffee.

You remember my Fibonacci Gauge a couple of months ago? Let me show you todays crossword. It Fibonacci themed!


14 Across was Leonardo of __ (mathematician who wrote about 33 Across) (PISA)


Right through the middle of the grid: FIBONACCI SERIES.
And four places where it can be found: 
ARTICHOKE
NAUTILUS
INNER EAR
SUNFLOWER


But the coolest part is the series of circled letters that spells out GOLDEN RATIO. Draw a line through them, and you get a golden spiral! 

See, I told you that Fibonacci gauge would come in handy.






No comments:

Post a Comment